This is the data protection declaration of the crowdfunding platform „EcoCrowd“ of the Deutsche Umweltstiftung Service GmbH, represented by the managing director Jörg Sommer, Greifswalder Str. 4, 10405 Berlin, Germany, for the use of the website www.ecocrowd.de (hereinafter jointly „EcoCrowd“) .
The protection of your personal data during collection, processing and use during your visit to EcoCrowd is important to us. Your data will be protected within the framework of the legal regulations. Below you will find information about what data is collected during your visit to EcoCrowd and how it is used:
By registering on EcoCrowd, you confirm that you, as a user of EcoCrowd, have read and understood this data protection declaration and accept it as part of a contract for the use of EcoCrowd. With your consent to this data protection declaration, you give us – as a user within the meaning of our General Terms and Conditions of Use (GTC) – your consent to collect, save, pass on and use the personal data you have provided for the purposes described in this data protection declaration. Therefore, please read this data protection declaration carefully, because below we will inform you about the collection and use of personal data of users when using EcoCrowd.
„Responsible body“ for data collection and use is Deutsche Umweltstiftung Service GmbH. If you have any questions about data protection, or would like to exercise rights or claims regarding your personal data, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), data processing and use is permitted if the GDPR or another legal regulation permits it or if the person concerned has consented. The GDPR always permits data processing and use if it is necessary for the establishment, implementation or termination of a contractual relationship or a relationship of trust similar to a contract.
1. Collection and processing of data
(1) Every access to EcoCrowd and every retrieval of a file stored on EcoCrowd are logged. The storage serves internal system-related and statistical purposes. The following are logged: IP address, name of the retrieved file, date and time of retrieval, amount of data transferred, notification of successful retrieval, web browser and requesting domain.
(2) Further personal data is only recorded if you provide this information voluntarily, for example as part of a registration (section 2) or an enquiry.
(3) In principle, your personal data will only be stored for as long as we need it to provide our services or as long as we are legally obliged to store it. Above all, the data of project starters, cooperation partners as well as donors and sponsors are affected by the legal storage obligations. After the legal retention period has expired, your data will be deleted. Likewise, after each individual request for deletion of personal data, the corresponding data will be deleted, insofar as they are not affected by legal storage obligations.
2. Registration as a user at EcoCrowd
(1) As part of the user’s registration, EcoCrowd collects the data requested in the registration form (user name and email). EcoCrowd stores this data and assigns it to the user account. The projects initiated (see Section 3) and supported by the user via EcoCrowd (see Section 5) are assigned to the personal data collected during registration and assigned to the user account.
(2) Payment data will not be stored by EcoCrowd, but will be passed on to the payment service selected by the user and processed by it (see Section 6.4).
(3) Each user is represented within EcoCrowd to other users by a user profile. This contains his user name and, if applicable, an image chosen by the user.
(4) For further definitions of terms for this data protection declaration, reference is made to Section 2 of the GTC.
3. Registration and use of EcoCrowd via Facebook/Google
EcoCrowd can be used using the “single sign-on” feature. With the “single sign-on” function, the user can link his/her Facebook user account or his/her Google user account with the EcoCrowd user account. Through such a link, the user grants EcoCrowd access to his/her email address stored in the Facebook user account or in the Google user account.
4. Registration and Use of EcoCrowd as a Guest
EcoCrowd can be used using the „guest access“ feature. With the „guest access“ feature, a user can support EcoCrowd projects without storing user data necessary for payment. If desired, an email address can be specified using the „guest access“ function. If an email address is specified, it will be saved so that the user can be informed of the project starter he/she supports and from EcoCrowd may receive informative emails.
5. Initiating a project
If a user initiates a project via EcoCrowd as a project starter, EcoCrowd collects and stores the personal information (e.g. date of birth, address) and project-related information (e.g. object, location) explicitly provided by him/her, date of the project etc.). EcoCrowd passes on this data and the data requested from the project starter in accordance with Section 2.1 to the supporters for the purpose of arranging a contractual relationship (e.g. purchase or sponsorship contract). EcoCrowd saves the feedback from the supporters on the information provided by the project starter and forwards it to the respective project starter.
6. Supporting a project
If a user offers the support of a project as a supporter to project starters, EcoCrowd collects and stores the personal data that he/she explicitly provided (e.g. surname, first name, date of birth, address) and project-related information (e.g. contribution, selected exchange item, etc.). EcoCrowd passes on this data and the data of the supporter requested according to Section 2.1 to the project starters for the purpose of arranging a contractual relationship (e.g. purchase or sponsorship contract). EcoCrowd saves the feedback from the project starters on the information provided by the supporter about the user account and forwards it to the respective supporter.
7. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
(1) If you have provided us with personal data, we only use this to answer your inquiries, to process contracts concluded with you and for the technical administration of EcoCrowd.
(2) Your personal data will only be passed on to third parties or otherwise transmitted if this is necessary for the purpose of contract processing (in particular for forwarding within the meaning of Sections 6.3 and 6.4), for the purpose of maintaining EcoCrowd’s offer (Section 6.5), for advertising purposes (Section 6.6) or for billing purposes (Section 6.7) and/or you have given your prior consent. You have the right to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future (see Section 7).
(3) If a user initiates a project via EcoCrowd as a project starter, EcoCrowd provides the name and all other data requested and provided by the user in accordance with Section 2.1 and Section 4 for the purpose of brokering the contract (Section 4) to the supporters.
(4) If a user supports a project via EcoCrowd, EcoCrowd provides the name and all other data requested and provided by the user in accordance with Section 2.1 and Section 5 for the purpose of brokering the contract (Section 4) to the project starters.
(4a) If you contact us by email or contact form, the information you provide will be stored for the purpose of processing the request and for possible follow-up questions. A transfer to third parties does not take place.
(5) In addition, we use your personal data – if you agree – for customer service, e.g. for sending our newsletter by email. With the voluntary registration for the newsletter, which you must confirm by means of the „double opt-in“ procedure, your first name, your last name and your valid email address as well as the date and time of registration will be used with your consent for our own advertising purposes utilized. We use the „double opt-in“ procedure to log your subscription to the newsletter. Such newsletters will be sent to you by us. Consent to receive a newsletter can be revoked at any time by email. In every newsletter you will find a link with which you can revoke your consent. You can also unsubscribe from receiving this information at any time by telephone, post or fax. Please use our contact details given in the imprint.
(6) EcoCrowd handles the contribution payments and payment of the financing amount of the users at your choice either (a) via your user account with the PayPal payment service of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie., S.C.A, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg, Luxembourg, (b) via your user account with the payment service Klarna Bank AB, Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden or (c) by manual bank transfer. A combination of the forms mentioned is also possible. For these purposes, the required payment data of the user is passed on to the selected payment service. When using the payment services, their general terms and conditions and data protection notices apply. In the case of a manual bank transfer, no personal data is passed on to third parties.
8. Objection, information and other rights of the user
(1) Insofar as we use data for a purpose that requires your consent under the legal regulations, we will always ask for your express consent and record your consent in accordance with the data protection regulations. You can revoke the consent you have given at any time free of charge with effect for the future and/or object to the future use of your data for advertising, market and opinion research purposes.
(2) EcoCrowd provides the user with information free of charge on request in accordance with the GDPR about the data stored about him/her, the transfer of the data and the purpose of the storage.
(3) EcoCrowd corrects, blocks or deletes personal data at the request of the user in accordance with the GDPR. The deletion of the stored personal data takes place if you revoke your consent to the storage, if their knowledge is no longer required to fulfill the purpose for which they were stored or if their storage is inadmissible for other legal reasons.
(4) Inquiries in the meaning of Sections 7.2 and 7.4 and declarations of revocation in the meaning of Section 7.1 regarding consents given can be sent to EcoCrowd either by post to the following address: Deutsche Umweltstiftung Service GmbH, EcoCrowd, Greifswalder Str. 4, 10405 Berlin, Germany. Or by email to: (see note in Section 9.4).
(5) We endeavor to store your personal data by taking all technical and organizational measures in such a way that they are not accessible to third parties. When communicating by email, we cannot guarantee complete data security, so we recommend that you send confidential information by post.
(6) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
(7) You also have the right to data portability. This means that you have the right to have the data you provide to EcoCrowd transferred to another organization or another competitor.
(4) This data is collected exclusively for the purpose of data protection and to optimize EcoCrowd. The data is not evaluated, except for statistical purposes and then generally in anonymous form. Also, no personal surfing profiles or similar are created or processed.
(2) You can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
However, deactivation does not prevent information from being transmitted to us or to other web analysis services we may use.
11. Data protection information on the use of social plug-ins
(1) So-called social plug-ins from the social internet networks (social networks) Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are integrated on EcoCrowd.
(2) You can recognize social plug-ins by the logos that can be viewed on the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram websites. If you call up a website on EcoCrowd that contains these social plug-ins, a direct connection is established with the servers of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and from there the image of the plug-in that is then visible to you and the underlying functions are displayed directly transmitted to your browser, which integrates them into the EcoCrowd display.
(3) If you are logged in to the social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at this time with your user name and password, the information that you are visiting the website mentioned will be transmitted there and can be assigned to your user account with the respective social network will. If you actively click on the social plug-ins, that means for example, if you use the Facebook „Like“ function (also known as the „LIKE“ button), EcoCrowd content will be linked to your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram user account.
(4) Even if you are not a registered user of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram or you logged out (deregistered) from the respective social network before visiting EcoCrowd, there is still the possibility that at least your IP address is transmitted and stored there. Furthermore, cookies or so-called web beacons can be stored on your computer.
(5) We expressly point out that the content and scope of the data collected directly from Facebook, Twitter or Instagram via a social plug-in and transmitted to the respective social networks, as well as the duration of storage and the purpose the use of this data is determined solely by the social networks mentioned. For more information, please refer to the respective provider’s data protection information: (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). On the latter websites you will also find further information on your rights and setting options to protect your privacy.
(6) You can find out about the setting options in your browser when dealing with cookies and web beacons from the respective manufacturer of your browser. In addition, third-party providers also have so-called browser extensions and plug-ins with which you can configure how your browser handles cookies and personal information.
(1) We may post links to third party websites on EcoCrowd. Although we have carefully selected these third parties, we cannot guarantee the accuracy and completeness of the content and privacy policies published on these websites. This data protection declaration also does not apply to the websites of third parties linked in this way.
(2) This data protection declaration is permanently available on the Internet at: www.ecocrowd.de/privacy.